- A dispute can be opened once the time limit for trade has expired (5 minutes after you click the button ' I have paid').
- The CoinCola support team makes the decision based on the proofs provided by both parties. The trustability and feedback of both parties to the trade would also be taken into consideration.
- After cryptocurrencies in the escrow have been released by the seller, the trade is considered to be completed by CoinCola and cannot be disputed.
- If a user selling cryptocurrency does not release cryptocurrencies after receiving payment, CoinCola will release the cryptocurrencies to the buyer if the buyer can provide valid proof of payment.
- If a user buying cryptocurrency is irresponsive or does not send payment after starting a trade, the cryptocurrencies in the escrow will be sent back to the seller by the CoinCola support team.
Find us on social media
🔹 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CoinCola
🔹 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/CoinCola
🔹 Twitter: https://twitter.com/CoinCola_Global
🔹 YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/CoinColaOfficial
🔹 LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/coincolainternational/
Disclaimer: Trading and investing in cryptocurrencies, also called digital currencies, crypto assets, and so on) involves substantial risk of loss. All informations are used at your own risk, and any content on this site should not be relied upon as advice or construed as providing recommendation of any kind.